Followers

Grab My Button!

Grab My Button!

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using a Digital Kit by Michelle Underwood

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Holiday Hiatus

Happy New Year (a week late)!

I don't know about you, but I'm always excited about beginning a new year! It's always fun to start fresh. This year was filled with so many blessings (including the birth of our first child and moving into a "new to us" home). I took a small blogging break over the holidays (with the exception of the Fluff Mom Mondays series) so that I could focus on my family during our first Christmas season as a family of three. Now that the holidays are over, I'm ready to get back into the blogging groove. I have several new and exciting reviews and giveaways scheduled to begin soon, so be sure to be on the lookout for those. I'm also excited to bring you a new series on Wednesdays, called "Word of God Wednesday" (an idea I borrowed, with permission, from Monkeys on the Bed). I'm not big on New Years resolutions, but one of my goals this year is to spend more time growing in a closer relationship to my Lord and Savior. In order to help hold myself accountable, I plan to use these W.o.G. posts to share any scriptures or insights I may have come across for that particular week. I pray that these posts also inspire you in your own walk.

As the new year starts, I'm also committing myself to continue making "greener" choices for myself and my family. With all of the toxins that we're exposed to on a daily basis, I want to make good decisions about foods and products that I bring into my home. I'm starting small, with mini goals such as using reusable shopping bags (I'm forever forgetting them in the car), setting up recycling bins in the home, and replacing "disposable" items with reusable ones (such as napkins and paper towels). I already buy organic when I can, but I'm also going to commit to utilizing the local farmer's market when it begins in the spring. I also hope to bring reviews and giveaways of great "green" products.

I'm excited by all that God has in store for us this year!

Photobucket

0 comments: