Washing cloth diapers can be very intimidating. A quick google search on the topic will give you all kinds of differing advice on detergents, additives, and routines. It seems like everyone has their own method. Not to mention all the controversy over detergents and the fact that using detergents with particular ingredients can void the warranties on your cloth diapers.
Luckily, Rockin' Green Cloth Diaper Detergent makes the whole process extremely easy! Kim, the brains behind GADBaby.com developed Rockin' Green to work safely on all cloth diapers (as well as all of your regular clothing).
Rockin' Green detergent should definitely be on your laundry playlist! It comes in 2 "rockin" formulas for you to choose from (with a special "hard rock" version to be released this year) and several fun scents.
Rockin’ Green is:
- Dye free
- Comes in several yummy scents (& an unscented version for sensitive skin)
- No fillers
- No enzymes or optical brighteners
- 100% Phosphate free
- Great for sensitive skin
- Easy rinsing formula
- Approved for military use
- Works wonders on microfiber stink!
- Perfect for cloth diapers
- HE compatible
- Reusable packaging
- Great for all water types
- Economical at .13 cents a load!
And did I mention the yummy scents? An unscented option is also available, or you can choose from any of the following:
- Fresh Linen- Blend of Lily and Jasmine. Comparable to Bath & Body Works Fresh Linen.
- Baby Powder- smells like freshly powdered baby.
- Cherry Almond- yummy cherries mixed with almonds. (Best Seller!)
- Vanilla Lavender- a soft fragrance of yummy vanilla and lavender.
- Monkey Snacks- A tropical blend of Banana, Coconut, Lime, Orange, Grapefruit, Bergamot, and Clove. Smells like Banana Laffy Taffy! (Best Seller!)
- Cherry Lemonade- Blend of Cherry, Lemon, and Berry. Reminds me of a Cherry Limeade from Sonic!
- Vanilla Buttercream- it’s like a cupcake without the calorie guilt! (Best Seller!)
- Mango Sorbet
- Grape Soda- reminds me of summers as a kid
- Peppermint cocoa – it’s a peppermint hot chocolate on a cold winter day
So what did I think?
I contacted Kim when our diapers started getting a weird burned smell to them. She was able to troubleshoot my issue, and recommended an overnight hot soak with some Rockin Green, which worked perfectly. I have since been using RG, along with some Bac-Out, and I haven't had anymore issues. I ordered a big bag of Vanilla Lavender, and now my laundry room smells like a spa. I can't wait to try some of the other yummy scents.
Kim is giving one of my readers the opportunity to win a full sized bag in your choice of formula and scent! All you have to is visit Rockin' Green's website, browse the list of scents and formulas, then come back here and tell me in a comment what you would choose if you won.
For additional entries, you can do any of the following (be sure to leave a comment for each thing you do):
- Be a follower of my blog using Google Friend Connect
- Subscribe to my blog via reader or through email
- Follow @FamilyofCloth on twitter
- Follow @rockingreensoap on twitter
- Tweet about the giveaway (Be sure to mention @FamilyofCloth and @rockingreensoap). You may tweet twice a day for extra entries, just be sure to leave the permalink of your tweet(s).
- Grab my button and put in on your blog (just let me know where it is)
- Tell me a scent that you'd like to see Rockin' Green come out with next
- Enter my AppleCheeks giveaway
- Vote for me as a Top Baby Blog. You may vote once a day.