When I was searching for an overnight solution, I contacted the nice people at DryBees and inquired about their Fleece Night Time Pocket Diapers. We're big fans of the DryBees Hybrid AIO's, so I knew that the fleece diapers would be a great overnight solution. Drybees was kind enough to send me one to try out.
The diaper is made with a heavy-weight windpro fleece on the outside, which is extremely waterproof, yet breathable. Windpro fleece is a heavy fabric, so these diapers are generally more bulky than your typical PUL covered pocket diapers. They're a great solution for overnight and particularly for heavy wetters. The diaper has USA milled microsuede on the inside of the diaper that wicks moisture away from baby's skin, gentle elastic on the legs and waist, and fold over laundry tabs.
These diapers fit great on my skinny 5.5 month old. The elastic on the legs and back is gentle, yet strong enough to contain messes. The diaper did not leave any red marks, and would have had enough give in order to fit a chunkier baby. The medium size was slightly big on my son, as he's on the small end of the weight range. The sizing is generous and will allow him to grow into the diaper before needing to size up. I would have liked to have seen crossover tabs for a better fit around the waist. I had one leak with this diaper, until I figured out a better insert combo to use. Since then, my son wakes up dry.
- Great, breathable material
- Strong aplix
- Gentle elastic on legs and waist
- Bulky, especially if you have to add extra inserts (not too much of an issue overnight, though)
- No crossover tabs making it hard to fit on my skinny boy
DryBees is offering one of my readers a large fleece nighttime pocket diaper in sage! To enter, visit the DryBees website, look through their other products, then come back here and tell me your favorite item.
Extra Entries (leave a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Become a follower of my blog (or be one already!)
- Follow @familyofcloth on twitter, and tell me your twitter id
- Tweet about this contest being sure to mention @familyofcloth, for example: DryBees fleece night time pocket #clothdiapers #giveaway @familyofcloth
- Blog about this giveaway for two extra entries (leave two separate comments with the website address of your blog post)
- Subscribe to my blog via email and let me know in a comment (You can subscribe by entering your email address in the box in the right hand column)
The contest is open to US residents. Giveaway will end 10/2 at 8 p.m. central time. Winner will be chosen via random.org and will have 48 hours to respond to my notification email, or a new winner will be chosen.