Followers

Grab My Button!

Grab My Button!

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using a Digital Kit by Michelle Underwood

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Scriptures for Pregnancy and Childbirth

As I mentioned in Fisher's birth story, one of my desires during pregnancy was to have a better birthing experience. Giving birth is hard work. Something I knew that I could only accomplish with God's help. Therefore, one of the things I found most helpful during my numerous prayers was to mediate over God's word. I compiled a list of verses and I would chose a verse or two to pray over. Scripture never fails to provide me with encouragement, and it became invaluable to me during pregnancy and birth when I needed a bit of encouragement. Whether it was dealing with the general aches and pains of pregnancy or during the tough moments in labor. I wanted to share my list of favorite verses in case anyone else can benefit from them as well.


So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the Lord your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. - Deuteronomy 31:8

The eternal God is your refuge, and his everlasting arms are under you. - Deuternomy 33:27

"I command you -- be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid or discouraged. For the Lord your God is with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9, NLT

Look to the LORD and his strength; seek his face always. - 1 Chronicles 16:11

“But you, be strong and do not lose courage, for there is reward for your work.” 2 Chron. 15:7

I know the LORD is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. - Psalm 16:8

He reached down from heaven and rescued me; he drew me out of deep waters. - Psalm 18:16

In your strength I can crush an army; with my God I can scale any wall. Psalm 18:29

It is God who arms me with strength and makes my way perfect. - Psalm 18:32

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. - Psalm 28:7

You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. - Psalm 32:7

I prayed to the Lord, and he answered me. He freed me from all my fears. - Psalm 34:4

Great is the Lord, who enjoys helping his servant. Psalm 35:27

Don't be impatient for the Lord to act! Travel steadily along his path. Psalm 37:34

“I waited patiently for the Lord to help me, and He turned to me and heard my cry.” - Psalm 40:1

God is our refuge and strength, an ever-present help in trouble. - Psalm 46:1

What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee. Psalm 56:3

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. - Psalm 91:4

Know that the LORD is God. It is He who made us, and we are His, we are His people, the sheep of His pasture. - Psalm 100:3


I look up to the hills, but where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, who made heaven and earth. He will not let you be defeated. He who guards you never sleeps. He who guards Israel never rests or sleeps. The Lord guards you.

The Lord is the shade that protects you from the sun. The sun cannot hurt you during the day, and the moon cannot hurt you at night. The Lord will protect you from all dangers; he will guard your life. The Lord will guard you as you come and go, both now and forever. - Psalm 121:1-8

The Lord himself watches over you! The Lord stands beside you as your protective shade. The Lord keeps watch over you as you come and go. Psalm 121:5

For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be. - Psalm 139:13-16

Bless the Lord, who is my rock. He gives me strength... He is my loving ally... my deliverer. Psalm 144:1-2

The name of the Lord is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe. Proverbs 18:10

But those who wait on the Lord will find new strength. They will fly high on wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary. They will walk and not faint. - Isaiah 40:31

So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand. – Isaiah 41:10

Do not be afraid, for I have ransomed you. I have called you by name; you are mine. When you go through deep waters and great trouble, I will be with you. When you go through rivers of difficulty, you will not drown! Isaiah 43:1-2

Before she goes into labor, she gives birth before the pains come upon her, she delivers a son. Who has ever heard of such a thing? ... Do I bring to the moment of birth and not give delivery? Isaiah 66:7-9

I will strengthen the weak. Ezekiel 34:16

The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing. - Zephaniah 3:17

Come to me, all you who labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. - John 14:27

A woman giving birth to a child has pain because her time has come; but when her baby is born she forgets the anguish because of her joy that a child is born into the world. - John 16:21

For I consider that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory that is to be revealed to us. - Romans 8:18

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. - Romans 8:28

"My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." - 2 Corinthians 12:9

All glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think.- Ephesians 3:20

“Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.” - Philippians 4:6-7

I can do everything through Christ who gives me strength. - Philippians 4:13

"For He has not given your a spirit of fear, but of POWER and of LOVE and of a SOUND MIND" - 2 Timothy 1:7

So let us come boldly to the throne of our gracious God. There we will receive his mercy, and we will find grace to help us when we need it most. - Hebrews 4:16

Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.... become strong. Hebrews 12:12-13

For you know that when your faith is tested, your endurance has a chance to grow. So let it grow, for when your endurance is fully developed, you will be perfect and complete, needing nothing. - James 1:3-4

Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. - 1 Peter 5:7 


0 comments: