Followers

Grab My Button!

Grab My Button!

Blog Design By:

Blog Design By:
Using a Digital Kit by Michelle Underwood

Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm back!

Yikes! It's been way too long since I've done a proper post. I've had alot going on recently, and I ended up letting my blog suffer as a result. I've missed blogging, and I'm anxious to get back into it.

We had an incredibly busy summer and towards the end we found out we are expecting baby #2! I'm due 4/12/11, and I'm already day dreaming about newborn fluff. I've had a fairly easy pregnancy thus far except for being incredibly nauseous for all of the first 16 weeks. I feel so blessed to be carrying around this gift that God is knitting together inside me, and I can't wait to meet him/her in April (we aren't finding out the gender). I'm also hoping for a VBAC this time around, so expect some posts about that journey. Here's a picture of our little bean:
Photobucket

Shepard, our 1st, is now 20 months. I don't even know how that is possible, as I still consider him to be my little baby. It seems as if he's getting bigger everyday! He's constantly on the go. Always exploring and investigating. I'm constantly amazed by how much he knows and how I see him learning new things everyday. He keeps me so busy during the day, that's for sure, but I wouldn't trade a minute of it. He's such a blessing. Besides, how could you resist this sweet face?
Photobucket

Along with all the life changes, I've been praying about what direction I'd like to take this blog. One of my readers (and a sweet friend) told me once that I parent with purpose, and I hope to convey that in future posts. I love doing reviews and giveaways, so that will definitely remain (no worries there! I'm already lining up some fabulous giveaways!). But I also hope to start including more about our day-to-day lives, our faith, parenting style, and our journey with going green. I hope you'll all stick around and follow our journey!

2 comments:

Kathya said...

I am due a day after you.
I am so excited to know you will have a VBAC.
I have never had a cesarean but both of my girls were hospital births so with this little one we are going for HOMEBIRTH! :)
i am excited!
I will keep you in my prayers so you can get your dreamed birth. :)
Blessings.

Kathya said...

ohh...BTW...i go to a group of doulas and midwives, that is how i got mine midwife this times but i was invited through my doula Kellie to come to the meetings.
they are call MaterniTeas here in MI.
Anyways, Kellie helped me to bring Lulu to this world the way i wanted it, NO EPIDURALS.
After doing my research as far as drugs and interventions done at the hospital, i decided that is what i wanted.
So after getting more knowledge as far as how a hospital works and the docs and nurses main purpose while you are in labor, i would strongly suggest getting a doula for your VBAC at the hospital.
if you have a healthy pregnancy you are a perfect candidate to have a VBAC at home so you can get your homebirth as well, but i understand the concerns and maybe even fears. i think i would feel the same as well.
So my point is, a DOULA will help you out so much and will share so much of her knowledge with you for the rest of your pregnancy and i think it will be great for your spirit and confidence as a birthing mom.
Doulas are great women. You should check the ones on your area to increase your chances of having a successful VBAC.
Blessings.