The number one question I get when I tell people I use cloth diapers is, "What do you do with the poop?" I can instantly see people envisioning me dunking the diapers into the toilet and swishing them around. I don't know about anyone else, but that idea certainly doesn't appeal to me. A diaper sprayer is a must have product if you decide to use cloth diapers. It makes the whole process simple. Diapersprayer.com was generous enough to send me a diaper sprayer to review.
Ease of Installation:
The diaper sprayer was surprisingly, very easy to install. I was a bit nervous about messing around with plumbing by myself, so I enlisted the help of my dad. We disassembled the original hose, drained out the water, and set to installing the sprayer. We did run into a minor snag, though, when we realized that the sprayer came with a 3/8" compression connection, and our toilet had a 1/2" connection. A quick trip to Home Depot remedied the situation easily. Diaper Sprayer's website states that 95% of homes won't need this piece, but I was one of the lucky ones who did, so it's a good idea to measure your connection before beginning. A reducer can also be purchased from the Diaper Sprayer website. Aside from the quick Home Depot run, we did not run into any other problems. An adjustable wrench was the only tool we needed. The sprayer holder was also easy to install to the wall. Only a screwdriver was needed for that part, although you certainly don't have to install the holder.
- Makes cloth diapering extremely easy!
- Easy to install
- Takes some strength to hold the sprayer down, which would help prevent a baby or toddler making a mess with it.
- Very strong hose and connections. No leaks.
- Long hose. I could easily stretch the hose over to the tub if needed.
- Can double as a bidet.
- T-valve on the sprayer hose allows you to adjust the water pressure
- All sprayers are covered with a one year warranty
- Anti-microbial protection through Microban
- It would be nice to have a movable or less permanent option for the holder.
- Can sometimes be difficult to hold the sprayer down with one hand. I end up having to try several times while juggling the diaper with the other hand.
Rating: 5 out of 5 stars!
The sprayers can be purchased directly through their website. The company is also offering a coupon code to all Family of the Cloth readers. Enter the code "JJ2010" for 10% off + free shipping!
Diaper Sprayer is generously offering one of my readers the chance to win a free diaper sprayer! To enter, simply leave a comment telling me why you'd like to win.
For additional entries, you can do any of the following (be sure to leave a separate comment for each thing you do):
- Follow my blog publicly with Google Friend Connect
- Follow me on twitter @FamilyofCloth AND tweet about the contest. You may tweet once a day for additional entries.
- Become a "Fluff Mom" on my weekly interview series. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org for the questions, then leave a comment saying you did. Only valid if the survey is returned to me. If you are a previous Fluff Mom, just leave me a comment saying so.
- Subscribe to my blog via email or through a reader
- Grab my button and put it on your blog. Just leave me the address of where you put it.
- Vote for me a Top Mommy Blogger by clicking on the box below:
This giveaway is open to US residents and will end 3/11 at 8 p.m. CST. Winner will be chosen via random.org, and will have 48 hours to respond to a notification email, or a new winner will be chosen. FOTC received a sprayer for review purposes. No compensation was given for this post.The opinions expressed in this review are my own.